The Westcliff Hotel is a small enclave in the midst of the city and a nice retreat during our busy schedule. The partners met last night for drinks and to review the schedule and last minute details. Interestingly enough, the lunch and dinner events have an outstanding attendance with capacity seating for the Eli Lilly lunch that will leave Bondevik and me as the guests and Zane, Anton and Marion stepping aside to give their seats to other potential partners. Although this isn't ideal, I am pleased that there is such interest!
Another concern is that we have yet to secure a meeting time with the President. As Marion says, things down here are done on SAT (South Africa Time). I rather enjoy the slower pace and the relaxed tone placed on everything. Oslo seems to be comfortable with this as well. We Americans have a lot to learn (especially me) in this area.
I have awakened to a cold, rainy morning, but the jacaranda trees are just beginning to dot the misty landscape with bright purple buds. They should be in full bloom by the time my trip has ended. A good time to be in South Africa.I must run. Bondevik lands in 30 minutes and I'm going to appease my hungry, jet-lagged stomach before we start a very full but hopefully fulfilling day.

1 comment:
enjoy the jacaranda trees for me! one of my favorite parts of Kenya!
Post a Comment